Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) has become a very well known model in Primary Care today. Emphasizing the relationship between a patient and their health care provider for accessible, coordinated, comprehensive, and continuous quality of care. Not only is this model beneficial for the patient but for the practice as well. This model employs an evidence-based, systematic approach for health care delivery that improves quality, reduces cost, and puts the patient at the center of their care.
Why PCMH for your practice?
PCMH will transform your practice to enhance better access for your patients. You will have better engagement and relationship with your patients to empower them to have a healthier lifestyle. Your practice’s care coordination and care management will increase for a healthier community.
What will it take for my practice to be successful in transforming and implementing the PCMH 2014 Model?
- Teamwork: the whole practice, from the Registration Clerk to the Physician, must work together to make sure the patient is at the Center of your practice’s care.
- Dedication: all staff must be motivated and dedicated to improving the health of their patients and their community.
- Communication: the team must communicate via all secure ways with not only the staff but with the patient and their specialists.
- Responsibility/Accountability: not only is the team responsible and held accountable for each patient but also, the patient is held accountable.
- Willingness: each staff/team member must have an open mind and willingness to change the way they care for patients.
How do you know if you are ready to start the PCMH 2014 process in your practice?
By: Julie Stephens