Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a clinic designation for those clinics, which demonstrate coordinated, patient-centered medical treatment while establishing long-lasting relationships with patients. Beyond a clinic designation, this model establishes a way to improve the health of patient populations by transforming the way primary care is organized and delivered.
- Enhanced Access to and Continuity of Care for Patients
- Managed Patient Populations
- High Levels of Coordinated Care
- Patient Empowerment and Care Ownership
- Managed Care for Patients
- Increase in Practice Performance and Efficiency
Why Pursue PCMH?
- Strengthen communication between care-givers improving transitions of care outcomes
- Improved care access for patients
- Enhanced job satisfaction for physicians and clinic staff
- National clinic recognition
- Improved patients outcomes
- Reduced ED and Inpatient admissions
- Increase in patient retention and office visits
- Potential reimbursement for PCMH standards and quality measures